Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The AI Project - Letris

Right now, part of the Letris game is done.  Users are able to input string and it will place correctly into the grid. However, the functionality to remove the blocks if 3 or more of the same type are next to each other hasn't been implemented.
I'm not really sure how I'm going to do this because you have to remove it simulatenously, which means I would have to check for all possible rows/columns/diagonals.
Rows are columns sound reasonable, but I'm still not sure how I'm going to implement the diagonals.
It seems like a pretty complicated task and I'm thinking of only checking the block that's just dropped rather than checking through the whole board, because it would not make sense and would be very complicated.
I'm going to sleep now and I'm gonna try to think about it as I sleep.

Good night World! (or rather, half of the world!)

No comments:

Post a Comment